This idea came to me randomly through a combination of seeing ridiculously inexpensive beer at my favorite liquor store, talking to others about beers they have hated (I will state that up until this point I have not tried a beer I didn’t like…I’m sure this will ruin that for me), and sheer desire to keep my mind off of what I was doing at work. And there’s always the super rad economy, and the fact that me and my wife are on a strict budget. I also love beer and have been somewhat of an elitist, opting for the finer brews and shunning all others…time for some humble pie. So needless to say there is a plethora of good reasons for this experiment.
Normally I hate blogs…well let me clarify. There are professional blogs, written by those who have knowledge of an industry or subject and are fairly objective. They have intelligence and try and spice it up with a bit of opinion in varying degrees.
You have others that blog about a process or experiment…and when they are well written are a semi-entertaining journey to onlookers (This is my hope for this blog).
And then we come to the reason why I don’t like blogs…drama. I know that some view blogs as somewhat of a diary, but in my understanding diaries are private and not shared with the universe. Granted most blog sites give a private option, but what would be the point. Just open up a Word file and type your tears away, but it’s not enough I guess. Some people feel the need to express themselves publicly and make a spectacle of their:
• extreme intelligence : which is usually just self-righteous babble, generally political
• being “jaded”/life is so hard : when it’s usually some over-privileged kid in the burbs
• Relational mishaps: every little bump in the road with every single relationship in their lives…which is usually mind numbing to everyone except the person writing it
Granted I’m being harsh for comedic value, and I too have fallen victim to having public blogs…and have binged and purged. I do find myself wanting to share my opinion, so I don’t necessarily judge anyone for having a blog. My wife blogs, but she has a knack for being objective and concise, which I appreciate as a reader. My brother in law has a blog, which is mainly self deprecating and humorous.
All that said I wanted to find a way to write, share a fair opinion after examining something, and hopefully entertain some in the process. So if you enjoy this web log then please feel free to comment, suggest horrible beers, yell at me if the swill I drink is your favorite and I just ripped it to pieces. It will only enhance this whole project. Word to your mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment